Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Marathon Monday - Week 1 - Let the fun begin

I am very excited to finally be back to seriously training for the 2013 Adelaide Marathon!


About a month ago I started running again and am now quite confidently running at least 5km each morning!
The only real problem I am having is my leg strength! So I saw a physio (for an unrelated back issue) and she told me some really easy exercises that I can do to help this little problem. So I do these exercises each morning after my run.

So here's how Marathon Monday is going to work.

I am going to put up each week my running schedule for the coming week and a review of how the previous week went compared to what I wanted to achieve. This time I am quite prepared for the fact that some weeks won't be what I am hoping for and some weeks will be better.

So here goes:
WEEK 1
MONDAY: 4km
TUESDAY: Rest
WEDNESDAY: 5km
THURSDAY: 6km
FRIDAY: 6km
SATURDAY: 7km
SUNDAY: Rest

Normally Sunday's will be my long run day but I have a wedding to go to this weekend so I have swapped it around a little.

So I will be back here next monday to tell you all about how I went and how I felt! If you have any tips or advice for me along the way I would love for you to share it with me!!




No comments: