Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

Marathon Monday - Week 1 **AGAIN**

 
I recently bought the book "Marathon - The Ultimate Training Guide" by Hal Higdon, which has given me the motivation, advice and knowledge I needed to give this Marathon a real shot!
 
Firstly I have started doing something that I should have been doing and something that I make sure my children do before they leave for school each day. It's something simple but has really been making such a big difference.
 
Eating Breakfast - I know I can hear the gasps, I always make excuses and never have the time but I have been getting up half an hour earlier than normal and making sure I have something.
 
In the book it has some training schedules so I chose to start with the Half Marathon Novice, this time I'm not going to be writing on here each day's kilometres but the weeks total kilometres.
 
So let's get started:
 
Last week was Week 1:
The total km's for the week was 19.2km and 30mins cross training.
 
I am very pleased to say that I made it through week 1 having completed the 19.2km and the cross training.
 
For the 30 minutes cross training I went for a 30 minute walk
 
 
Week 2
19.2km running
30 min cross train (swimming)
 
I am also hoping to loose some weight with all this training, so I guess we will see how that goes!
 
 
Bye for now


No comments: